Please find answers to the most frequently asked questions in the FAQs section. If you can’t find the required info, contact our Customer Sales department and let’s begin the search for your next timepiece!
- When you have chosen a watch, click on the “Buy” button to proceed with the purchase process.
- Shortly after submitting your order, you will receive a confirmation email containing your order number. If applicable, there will also be information regarding the payment details and the next steps.
- Our customer success team will also contact you by phone or email to confirm your details and check if any further assistance is required (bracelet adjustment, gift wrapping, etc,).
- It depends on the model, brand and the specific piece, but individual prices are negotiable.
- Please use the ‘SUGGEST PRICE’ button to make an offer, our customer success team will review your offer in 24/48h and contact you.
- Please be aware, significantly low offers will be automatically rejected.
- You can pay conveniently and easily by bank transfer and credit and debit cards (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Maestro, Cartes Bancaires).
Bank transfer (prepayment): With this payment method, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing the Chronoexpert bank details after placing your order. Please note that your order will not be processed until we have received your payment. When making the transfer, please make sure to state your order number in the reason for payment. Depending on your bank, it may take between one and four working days for your payment to reach us.
We offer different bank accounts in multiple currencies to avoid currency exchange fees for customers and Chronoexpert
- EURO account - Bankinter S.A
- GBP - Transferwise account
- USD - Transferwise account
- AUD - Transferwise account
- Payments to Transferwise accounts are, on average, registered in less than 3 hours.
Payments to our regular Bankinter account may take 24h - 4 days for the payment to arrive. .
- Your watch will be reserved for you during this period (up to a maximum of 7 days) and shipped immediately after payment clears.
- To speed up the process, please send us a proof of payment.
- Yes, of course, you can also order goods via phone. Please contact our customer success team on +44 20 3514 4601
- We are available Mon-Thu 9 am – 6:30 pm, Fri 9 am – 2:30 pm.
- Do you offer financing?
We currently offer payments through Klarna in Finland, Germany, Sweden and Denmark and other selected countries. Terms and conditions depend on each country.
- Our supplier network is located worldwide. We cannot ensure the LC or country code in all cases. However, please do enquire!
- Specific watches have a market value higher than the retail price. That depends on demand, but we try to source watches at the best possible prices
- We include all additional links and, in general, watches fit an average wrist. Additional links and straps can be purchased if needed. Please check with our team, as they will help you if needed.
Vintage watches: In the course of their (long) 'life', vintage watches were not just worn. Usually, previous owners also gave their watches for regular reconditioning (e.g. polishing, revision, etc.), and almost unchanged dials or bracelets are a rare exception.
We Chronoexpert don't interfere in the process and always keep the watch as it is, only re-assuring the authenticity of the piece and its parts.
- Yes, Chronoexpert provides 100% free shipping to all EU countries. Prices are inclusive of VAT.
- All products are shipped from our HQ in the EU (Spain - Bilbao).
- However, you may face additional import/custom fees for deliveries to non-EU countries
- No. No customs duties or additional taxes are to be paid when buying from inside the European Union
- All products are shipped from our HQ in the EU (Spain - Bilbao)
- We will send you your tracking number when it is available. DHL is our shipping provider, please check your tracking number here. https://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/monitor_shipments.html
- Chronoexpert also ships outside the EU. However, you may face additional country-specific custom fees.
- The customer is responsible for any additional charges and they will be in addition to the purchase price.
- We recommend that you to contact your local customs office for further information.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
- Chronoexpert is committed to the complete satisfaction of our customers and the enjoyment of your purchase. We offer a hassle-free, 14-day return policy.
- If, for any reason, you wish to return or exchange your watch, we will accommodate your request as quickly as possible.
If you decide to return the goods, the amount paid will be refunded after inspection by our watch experts using the same means of payment used for the purchase
- Please, allow ten business days for the refund to be reflected on your original payment method.
- Goods must be returned in the exact condition as they were delivered.
- Goods used or worn during the return period or with scratches are not returnable.
- Returns will not be accepted if the SECURITY TAG has been damaged, manipulated or removed.
- We are unable to accept returns for any items that have been personalized or engraved, damaged, or worn.
We may have to make a deduction or restocking fee of up to 20% of the purchase price. This reimbursement is for the reduction in value of goods as a result of unnecessary handling by you
- E.g. Unworn watches with stickers - Removing stickers or using an unworn watch will cause an up to 20% deduction of the return price because of loss of value. If the security tag is removed or manipulated the watch cannot be returned.
- The cost of returning the goods is the customer’s responsibility. We recommend using similar shipping used by the company as we are NOT responsible for lost packages
- Goods used or worn during the return period or with scratches will not be accepted for return. We will apply a deduction or restocking fee at our sole discretion
- Goods that have been damaged, opened for inspection or with alterations
Goods NOT in the exact condition they were delivered:
- Without original stickers, tags and security tags
- Without original papers, original box
- Please contact the Chronoexpert customer success team within 14 days. You can do so, for purchases in unused condition from the date of shipment to request a return authorization.
- Once a return authorization is issued, we will share with you the shipping information so you can proceed.
- The cost of return postage and packaging will be your responsibility.. Please remember to use a reputable shipping company. For a fast and tracked delivery service use DHL, or Fedex and retain the evidence of postage. Otherwise, returns can be refused.
- Be sure to include all original contents in your return package, including the watch, boxes, documents, accessories, links, straps, buckles, and authentication papers.
- Otherwise, returns can be refused.
- Every watch bought from Chronoexpert comes with a 12-month Chronoexpert mechanical Warranty. That is in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty (If it still applies).
- Our warranty covers mechanical and movement defects
Excluded from the warranty:
- Damage by external issues or misuse: dropping the watch, impact, shock damage, improper handling, over-winding the watch.
- Winders and push buttons
- Glass, straps, bracelets and closures
- Straps, bracelets and closures
- Pocket watches
- Quartz movements
- Water damage unless stated otherwise on the invoice
- Third-Party performance of service, opening the piece, alterations, repairs, will render this Warranty null and void
- In the case of a warranty claim, we are your partner for consultation at all times. Our customer success team will help you with the next steps: please call our customer service team or send an email to email@example.com
- Since a remote diagnosis is not possible, we can only provide you with this information after the watch has been examined by our watchmakers. Checking your watch usually takes between two to seven days. Please bear in mind, servicing times might take between 4-8 weeks
- Check in advance whether your watch is water-resistant or waterproof. Water-repellent models are only protected against light splashing water and are not suitable for use under water. A water-repellent watch will not withstand heavy rain or showers. When washing your hands, be careful with a water-repellent watch.
With a water-resistant model, it is essential that the crown is firmly closed before use under water. In addition, you should never operate the pushers under water. In addition, have your watch checked for water-resistance regularly, at least once a year, at a specialist shop (this maintenance is not covered by our warranty)
Vintage models should not be brought into contact with water, as these watches are very sensitive.
Damages related to water issues are not covered by our warranty. Please be always careful with your watch
- Make sure that you never operate the date quick switching between 20:00 p.m. - 04:00 a.m. Otherwise there is a risk of damage to the movement, which is not covered by the warranty. When setting the time, make sure that the set time is day or night.
- In the course of their life, vintage watches were not only worn. Nowadays, almost unchanged dials or bracelets are a rare exception, this is why collectors and experts appreciate the individuality of vintage watches, which is increasingly reflected in high auction and selling prices.
We don't interfere in the process and always keep the watch as it is, only re-assuring the authenticity of the piece and its parts and the functioning of the movement. There is no guarantee that the watch is water resistant
Bear in mind, the previous owners might have brought their watches for regular reconditioning and/or servicing (e.g. polishing, revision, etc.).
All vintage watches at Chronoexpert have been tested for authenticity.
CONTACT & OTHER
- If you have questions concerning our company, products, the registration process, delivery policies or any other inquiries, our professional watch-loving team will be happy to assist you.
We are available by phone, Whatsapp and email. Happy to help!
- Chronoexpert Customer Service Phone - +44 20 3514 4601.
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working hours: Mon-Thu 9 am – 6:30pm, Fri 9 am – 2:30pm.
- Chronoexpert is located in Bilbao (Northern Spain) we do not currently provide a retail space or showroom